It's my Birthday!
Bastille Day....also my Birthday! For some reason birthdays have always been a pretty big deal to me. Of course now that I'm a mom my kids' birthdays are more important but I still like to celebrate my day. Of course most birthdays involve normal daily activities but hopefully today the kids & I will go out to eat...maybe go get a cake. So happy birthday to me!
My First Single Mom Blog
Today I put in a garbage disposal all by myself (with my son sitting next to me cheering me on). He really wanted to help but at only 4 years old there wasn't much to do besides giving high fives and saying "good job mommy." But that was enough for me. So I posted a picture on Facebook and did a hashtag #singlemomdoingitall and then to my surprised realized the website wasn't taken. For years I wanted to do a website to help other moms but never could figure out the right angle to take. Today I realized I could take every angle. You don't have to relate to me on all levels, but many will be able to relate to something. I'm a single mom of 2 children. I choose to do this on my own because I wanted to have kids and the men I'd been in relationships with didn't. My children are the most awesome people in my life. I love them so much and can't even remember what life was like before my babies. So what makes me different then every other mommy blogger?
1. I had my first child at 36 and my second at 38. So I will be 41 next week and I have a 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 year old running around.
2. I own my own business and have been running a business for 13 years.
3. I chose to be a single mom.
4. I love to write....it's my passion, unfortunately I've never figured out how to make money off it.
5. I have a million ideas and want to share them with other moms...not to make money but just to make other people's lives better.